Join us at Zero Waste Fest 2020!
Western Canada’s largest zero waste festival: Bridging the way to plastic-free living
Thank you for your interest in being part of Plastic-Free YYC’s Second Annual Zero Waste Festival!
On July 18th 2020 we’re back with Calgary’s favourite zero waste celebration. Open and free to the public, the Zero Waste Festival is an interactive, educational and community-building event. With live music, informative speaker sessions and interactive learning stations this festival is a fun way for the entire family to spend a warm summer afternoon while learning about moving towards a zero-waste, plastic-free lifestyle
And we want YOU to be part of it.
We are excited to offer businesses and groups like yours the opportunity to showcase your products, zero waste ideas and innovative services.
We can’t do it without your support.
The Zero Waste Festival is Plastic-Free YYC’s main fundraiser for the year. As a 100% volunteer-run organisation, we depend on your support to achieve our mission to reduce waste in Calgary and offer free zero-waste and plastic-free educational events for all Calgarians.
Date: Saturday, July 18, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Crossroads, East Village
- Vendors that promote a sustainable, waste-free, plastic-free or zero-waste lifestyle through services or product offerings.
- Those who not only believe, but demonstrate a more circular economic process
- Vendors that demonstrate community caring and help to create social impact through their actions
- Local independent businesses, Albertan and Canadian.
Food Vendors: we are not able to accept applications for vendors making and serving their food at the event, outdoors. We are only accepting vendors who make their product off site and sell it pre-packaged.
Vendors Packages Include:
- 6’ table & (1) chair
- 10×10 space to set up in
- Listing on event website
- A full afternoon of building community
- Access to new customers and key target demographic (zero-wasters!)
- (Optional) Social media advertising and marketing directly to our highly engaged audience (see marketing details below)
How we promote the festival
Our volunteer-run marketing team are well-connected pros. Here are some highlights from the 2019 Marketing and Promotion plan:
- Social media promotions across Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook (including our main account @plasticfreeyyc as well as our highly engaged team accounts, @plasticfreeb, @wastefreeyyc, @rocky.mountain.rising, and more)
- Newsletter, website blogs, video and articles
- Press releases for TV. Radio and Print media: city-wide, provincial, and national (Scheduled for beginning of May)
- Printed Posters and postcards to be distributed throughout Calgary
(Optional) Social Media Advertising & Marketing Include:
- A social media promotion post for YOUR BRAND across our channels : $100 (+GST)
- Facebook (including our main event account @zerowastefestyyc as well as @plasticfreeyyc
Application Process & Expectations
- All applications will be reviewed thoroughly as we want to ensure all vendors attending promote and share the festival theme (see vendor qualifications)
- Our team will contact you to confirm acceptance within 14 days of the application deadline
- Payment in full must be made within 14 days of acceptance
- Applications which are not accompanied by payment within 14 days will automatically be declined
- Incomplete or vague applications may be declined, so please be specific below
The proceeds from this event will go towards Plastic-Free YYC Ltd. (your host)’s operation costs as a non-profit organisation. We aim to be the leading voice of waste reduction and zero-waste living and continue to raise awareness about the issue of plastic pollution in Calgary. We do so by inspiring Calgarians to make positive change in their lifestyles with our initiatives, partnering with businesses offering sustainable solutions, and reaching out to governments to create policies to promote waste reduction. We have been operating since May 2017 and with our team expanding, we have opportunities to grow our reach, connecting with more people, and to create more events like this one.
As we are a volunteer-run organisation, we will do our best to respond as soon as we can. We thank you for your patience and for your support!