Zero Waste Fest 2020!
Thank you for your interest in being part of Plastic-Free YYC’s Second Annual Zero Waste Festival, Western Canada’s largest zero waste festival: bridging the way to plastic-free living. This event provides information, inspiration and resources for attendees interested in moving towards a low or zero-waste lifestyle.
This outdoor, festival style event will be held again at Crossroads, East Village, just off of 6 Avenue SE & 6 Street SE, where the George C. King Bridge meets East Village. Open and free to the public we are excited to offer businesses like yours the opportunity to showcase your products, zero waste ideas and innovative services.
Plastic-Free YYC’s Zero Waste Festival as an interactive, educational and community-building event. With live music, informative speaker sessions and, interactive learning stations this festival is a fun way for the entire family to spend a warm summer afternoon while learning about moving towards a zero-waste, plastic-free lifestyle!
The Zero Waste Festival is Plastic-Free YYC’s main fundraiser for the year. As a 100% volunteer-run organisation, we depend on your support to achieve our mission to reduce waste in Calgary and offer free zero-waste and plastic-free educational events for all Calgarians.
Festival Date: Saturday, July 18, 2020
Festival Time: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Crossroads, East Village
The festival will be held on the promenade just off of 6 Avenue SE & 6 Street SE, where the George C. King Bridge meets East Village. This is a high traffic, central location, just off of the C-Train, with parking, a playground, and dog park nearby!
Early Bird Price: $250.00 (+GST) All Businesses
Regular Price: $300.00 (+GST) All Businesses
$50 (+GST) Non-profit Organisations
Special add-on: Social Media Promotion For YOUR Brand: $100 (+GST)
Vendor packages include:
- 6’ table & (1) chair
- 10×10 space to set up in
- Listing on event website
- A full afternoon of building community
- Access to new customers and key target demographic (zero-wasters!)
- (Optional) Social media advertising and marketing directly to our highly engaged audience (see marketing details below)
Other booth details
- Booth tent/canopy coverage is required and not included (must be CAN/ULC-S109 rated)
- Tent rental package will be available – details coming soon!
- Table covers and table skirts are not included.
- Please no booth sharing. This is not permitted.
- Set-up and pack-up times, floor plan, and more event details will be sent in a separate email to approved vendors.
How we promote the festival
Our volunteer-run marketing team are well-connected pros. Here are some highlights from the 2019 Marketing and Promotion plan:
- Social media promotions across Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook (including our main account @plasticfreeyyc as well as our highly engaged team accounts, @plasticfreeb, @wastefreeyyc, @rocky.mountain.rising, and more)
- Newsletter, website blogs, video and articles
- Press releases for TV. Radio and Print media: city-wide, provincial, and national (Scheduled for beginning of May)
- Printed Posters and postcards to be distributed throughout Calgary
(Optional) Social Media Advertising & Marketing Include:
- A social media promotion post for YOUR BRAND across our channels : $100 (+GST)
- Facebook (including our main event account @zerowastefestyyc as well as @plasticfreeyyc
- Vendors that promote a sustainable, waste-free, plastic-free or zero-waste lifestyle through services or product offerings.
- Those who not only believe, but demonstrate a more circular economic process
- Vendors that demonstrate community caring and help to create social impact through their actions
- Local independent businesses, Albertan and Canadian.
We will have a few spots for food trucks this year. We are excited to bring some cold drinks, tasty treats and delicious meal options to everyone at the event! Food vendor qualifications:
- Food containers and utensils must be compostable or plastic-free
*Preference will be given to food vendors that allow their customers to bring their own containers to go
- Food trucks and equipment must meet City of Calgary Festival and Event Food Vendor Operating Requirements
- Locally sourced, Fair Trade certified, organic and vegan/vegetarian options preferred
Application process & expectations
- Early Bird Application Deadline: March 20, 2020, 11:59 PM. Regular Application Deadline: April 6, 2020, 11:59 PM
- All applications will be reviewed thoroughly as we want to ensure all vendors attending promote and share the festival theme (see vendor qualifications)
- Our team will contact you to confirm acceptance within 14 days of the application deadline
- Payment in full must be made within 14 days of acceptance
- Applications which are not accompanied by payment within 14 days will automatically be declined
- Incomplete or vague applications may be declined, so please be specific below
Before completing the application form below, please read our Exhibitor Guidelines and Policies.
The proceeds from this event will go towards Plastic-Free YYC Ltd. (your host)’s operation costs as a non-profit organisation. We aim to be the leading voice of waste reduction and zero-waste living and continue to raise awareness about the issue of plastic pollution in Calgary. We do so by inspiring Calgarians to make positive change in their lifestyles with our initiatives, partnering with businesses offering sustainable solutions, and reaching out to governments to create policies to promote waste reduction. We have been operating since May 2017 and with our team expanding, we have opportunities to grow our reach, connecting with more people, and to create more events like this one.
As we are a volunteer-run organisation, we will do our best to respond as soon as we can. We thank you for your patience and for your support!