Event Volunteers – Needed
We are in need of volunteers to help facilitate and organise at our Riverside Clean-Up for Earth day!
Duties may include:
- Welcoming and guiding attendees
- taking photos
- setting up tables and water station
- assisting with a garbage audit and sorting out refundable recyclables
Details of the Event HERE.
If you are interested in helping out please email email@example.com
Fundraising & Events Coordinator
Plastic-Free YYC is looking for a Fundraising & Events Coordinator to join our grassroots team of passionate and dedicated waste warriors!
Plastic-Free YYC is a local Calgary organisation created to bring awareness about plastic pollution in our environment by providing local and global information to live a plastic free lifestyle
Why join us? Take your place in the environmental justice movement, expand your skills and connections, and help make a difference in your local community!
We need a Fundraising & Events Coordinator to assist in the setup and execution of a variety of events and workshops, along with fundraising opportunities for our organisation.
Skills and Attributes:
- Fundraising and/or event planning experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Identify and approach potential business partners
- Help increase communications with supporters
- Assist with general fundraising activities as needed
- Assist with all donor stewardship, renewal and recognition activities
- Work with team to coordinate event logistics, planning and management of fundraising events
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Assist with other roles as necessary
- One year commitment, with option for renewal
- Approximately 1 hour per week, up to 5 hours per week
This position provides valuable experience for fundraising management and event planning students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the environmental field; and anyone with a passion for reducing plastic pollution.
We believe in the magic of bringing people together to connect with each other and our planet, and we invite you to be part of the team that make this happen.
To apply, please send a completed volunteer form and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2018.
We are always looking for volunteers to participate in clean-up events, educational workshops and promoting our cause. Dependent on the event, your tasks could include: preparation for/day of workshop support, outreach events, or social media.
Contact Us for more information.