We host various events and workshops to help foster conversations and build community! Bringing people together to inspire each other, learn together and find solutions.
COVID UPDATE: all of our in-person events are cancelled, postponed, or adapted to be online. We encourage being safe and following the social distancing processes.
Zero Waste Meetups
One Wednesday of Each Month
Zero-Waste Meet-ups are casual gatherings Plastic-Free YYC hosts regularly to bring together like-minded, compassionate, and curious Calgarians. A fun forum to chat about ZW goals, challenges and ideas to help each other strive for a little less waste.
Details will be posted here and on our Facebook Events Page.
Plastic-Free July Virtual Challenge followed by a Zero Waste Meetup
WHEN: Challenge runs all month in July, with a contest portion
The Zero Waste Meetup is on July 30th
TIME: 6 pm MST
WHERE: Online via Zoom
About July’s Zero Waste Meetup:
It is Plastic-Free July! So our Zero Waste Meetup will focus on decreasing daily plastic consumption, kicked off with a virtual contest of four plastic free challenges that will lead up to great waste-conscious prizes.
Join our team members, Vaneska and Maranda on July 30th, where they talk about the woes of plastic consumption, share their experiences and give tips on how to reduce using it going forward. The winners of our Plastic July Virtual Challenge will be drawn and announced during the meet-up,
About the Challenge:
For the first four Wednesdays in July a new challenge will be announced via Email, Facebook and Instagram. Simply perform the challenges and reduce your single use!
There is the option to participate in the online contest part of this challenge. You can still participate in the challenge without posting on social media for the contest.
To enter the contest, share a Facebook or Instagram post showing yourself completing the challenge.
Tag and follow @plasticfreeyyc #plasticfreeyyc #zerowasteyyc and that will add you automatically to a draw happening at the end of July.
- POSTS must be posted by 11:59 pm MST on the Tuesday prior to the next weekly challenge
- POSTS must be tagged with @plasticfreeyyc
- The post must showcase the completion the current week’s challenge (not the week before)
- There are 4 weeks in July = each person is able to enter once per week
- For each person that enters all 4 weeks, they will gain one extra entry into the draw
- Winners will be announce during our Virtual Zero Waste Meet Up on July 30th
- THE PRIZES to be announced soon through email, Facebook and Instagram.
- Contest is open to all followers. All Posts submitted agree to be publicly reposted by @plasticfreeyyc . People under the age of 18 will require parental permission to accept prizes. If not in Calgary, shipping costs may apply. This contest is in no way affiliated with Instagram or Facebook.
“Tapped” Documentary Screening and Discussion POSTPONED
WHEN: this event has been postponed until a later date
WHERE: The Apothecary in Inglewood, 921 9th Ave SE
Join Plastic-Free YYC at The Apothecary in Inglewood on Tuesday, March 24th for a special screening of “Tapped”, a documentary focusing on the high cost — to both the environment and our health — of bottled water. The screening will be followed by an interactive discussion with a panel of experts.
Zero Waste Festival
Zero Waste Festival will be hosted VIRTUALLY on August 27, 28, 29, and 30. Please visit our Zero Waste Fest page for all the details
Includes our events and events we attend
Contact Us for more information.
*PLEASE NOTE: we strive to make our events accessible and affordable to all Calgarians.
Please reach out to us if you would like to attend but cost is a concern. Zero Waste if for everyone and we want to be able to make it so. email@example.com