Thank you for your interest in being part of Alberta’s First Zero Waste Festival. This event aims to raise awareness of our growing plastic problem and provide information on how to take steps towards a low/zero-waste lifestyle here in Calgary.
The event will be open and free to the public and all are welcome whether they are familiar with, or just learning about the zero waste movement. We are excited to give businesses, like yours, the opportunity to showcase your alternative products and zero waste ideas.
Festival Date: Saturday, July 20, 2019
Festival Time: 11am – 6pm
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019 , 11:59 PM
Location: East Village – Crossroads.
The festival will be held at on the promenade just off of 6 Avenue SE & 6 Street SE, where the George C. King Bridge meets East Village. This is a high traffic, central location, just off of the C-Train, with parking, a playground, and dog park near by!
$250.00 (+GST) All Businesses
$50 (+GST) Non-profit Organisations
Vendors Packages Include:
- 6’ table & (1) chair
- 10×10 space to set up in
- Social media advertising directly to our highly engaged audience
- Listing on event website
- A full afternoon of building community
- Access to new customers and key target demographic (zero-wasters!)
Other Booth Details:
- Booth tent/canopy coverage is required and not included (must be CAN/ULC-S109 rated)
- Table covers and table skirts are not included
- Please no booth sharing. This is not permitted
- Set-up and pack-up times, floor plan, and more event details will be sent in a separate email to approved vendors.
- Vendors that promote a sustainable, waste-free, plastic-free or zero-waste lifestyle through services or product offerings.
- Those who not only believe, but demonstrate a more circular economic process
- Vendors that demonstrate community caring and help to create social impact through their actions
- Local businesses, Albertan and Canadian businesses, Ma & Pa shops, Pa & Pa Shops or Ma & Ma shops are all welcome!
Food Vendors: we are not able to accept applications for vendors making and serving their food at the event, outdoors. We are only accepting vendors who make their product off site and sell it pre-packaged.
Application Process & Expectations
- Application Deadline is April 19th 2019, 11:59PM.
- All applications will be reviewed thoroughly as we want to ensure all vendors attending promote and share the festival theme (see vendor qualifications)
- Our team will contact you to confirm acceptance within 14 days of the application deadline
- Payment in full must be made within 14 days of acceptance
- Applications which are not accompanied by payment within 14 days will automatically be declined
- Incomplete or vague applications may be declined, so please be specific below
The proceeds from this event will go towards Plastic-Free YYC Ltd. (your host)’s operation costs as a non-profit organisation. We aim to be the leading voice of waste reduction and zero-waste living and continue to raise awareness about the issue of plastic pollution in Calgary. We do so by inspiring Calgarians to make positive change in their lifestyles with our initiatives, partnering with businesses offering sustainable solutions, and reaching out to governments to create policies to promote waste reduction. We have been operating since May 2017 and with our team expanding, we have opportunities to grow our reach, connecting with more people, and to create more events like this one.
As we are a volunteer-run organisation, we will do our best to respond as soon as we can. We thank you for your patience and for your support!